Sunday, April 19, 2009

Track spikes - fit and where to put the spikes?

Here is the link to the bottom of the shoe: http://www.zappos.com/images/720/7201448...





They are Asics Turbo Phantoms. I ordered them in an 8, women%26#039;s, originally, and they were way too small. I could barely get my foot in the shoe. So I figured a nine would be a good bet. I got them, and there%26#039;s a little bit more room in the toe than I usually have. I intend to go to the track today to try them out over hurdles and sprinting (what I do - I also pole-vault). One of my questions - is it bad to have a little bit of extra room in the toe? (and no, I%26#039;m not supposed to grow any more :) )





My other question - is it personal preference as to where to put the spikes (came with 12 christmas trees and 2 of the flat ones), or is it always the same? I can see what they did in the picture, but that%26#039;s my question - is it supposed to be like that every time, or is it up to me?





Thanks in advance!

Track spikes - fit and where to put the spikes?
i did track for 6 yrs. mostly polevaulting. you definately dont wont there to be a whole lot of room left over in the toe. you want them to be as tight as possible. if you have room in your toe your not going to get full utilization of the spikes. also theres no particular way to have your spikes per the different events. so go by what the diagram shows you. my suggestion is to get an 8.5 for your spikes. hope everything turns out good for you.
Reply:Your spikes should fit well, like a glove, without extra room so they are loose, and not so tight as to hurt your feet. The flat spikes usually go in the rear middle of the spike plate.



fashion accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment